Friday, February 09, 2007

I sent myself a mystery gift ...

I sent myself a mystery gift ... from me to me. I'm not hopless. I just looorve to pamper myself! It's a sealed box, with golden wrapping and emerald green ribbons. On the side there is a box of chocolates, it looked sweet and the name tag read "Discover the new Paky flavors." I never made chocolate. Were the "Paky flavors" weaved by my mind? Do they reflect the state of the mind? Did they make a special chocolate to fit every mood? Or was the note card designed to make you see what you want to read? I was tempted for a split of a second to abandon the closed box, that smelled of mystery n adventure, to forget about it and devour every single one of the sweet sins. Then I decided against it. I'll taste them later, "each on a different day," I silently promised myself. I looked at the golden box. For a moment there, I thought it moved. Perhaps my mind was playing tricks on me. Perhaps it moved. Perhaps it's a hat but I like to think it's a boa constrictor. I like to think it moved. I kept looking, watching, encircling it. And ... I thought: Imagine away ya Paky, the box could have anything from a kitten to the unpublished manuscript of Harry Potter n' the Deathly Hallows. Or better still, when I open it, the ground may dissolve beneath me and the heavens may open up, the real world may slither away taking all the shame and all the rules that don't matter and perhaps I will see the light and then the door to another world. Dragons, winged horses, the crocodile with the ticking clock, wizards and prophets, and "here I come," I will say and jump in.

5 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your imagination stimulates mine, to picture your complex pictures, hahahaha, I'm stunned.

 
At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your complex imagination stimulates mine, to picture your complex pictures, your complex fantasy world, hahaha, I'm stunned.

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Wish I were a Butterfly ... said...

Your style of writing is seriously "more than wonderful".
Someone has told me about ur blog, and told me it's nice, but I never thought it would be that nice. I actually wanted to write u more than a comment on some of what you've written... but then I felt so sad .. that all such posts were old, and you may not "in fact" read what I'm writing right now, but indeed, I'm gonna write it, as I really adored your blog, and in general, I liked more blogs that are humane, and deal with feelings, emotions, and experiences.

N.B. : If you happened to check this blog anytime, plz let me know if you have another blog in which you're writing in.

Wish u the best of luck

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Pakinam Amer said...

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your encouragement.

I realize I fell off the face of the Earth, but I'm back and I really want to post something soon.

Pakinam

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger EgoViSion said...

I recalled you and your blog today, and thought to drop and check it out, and was sad to find nothing new posted still....
Where are you Pakinam? and where are your wonderful imaginations?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home